Cubbington and Offchurch Action Groups Against HS2 are working together to encourage local residents to take part in the HS2 Property and Compensation Consultation. Leaflets about the consultation are being delivered to all homes in their communities. [See note 1]. Postcards are also being delivered; they can be used as a hassle-free way of responding to the consultation, which closes on 31st January.
The two groups have also organised a Joint Public Meeting to discuss the Government’s compensation proposals and to give advice on how to respond to the consultation. This will be held at 3.30pm on Sunday 13th January at Offchurch Village Hall, School Hill, Offchurch CV33 9AL. Local MP Jeremy Wright has promised to attend.
Both groups will also be in attendance at the HS2 Ltd consultation information event to be held at Offchurch Village Hall on Tuesday 15th January, from 1.00pm to 8.00pm.
Peter Delow, Chairman of the Cubbington Action Group against HS2, said:
“I am very pleased to be working together with our fellow campaigners in Offchurch on this important issue. The compensation proposals that the Government has published fall far short of what is required, and could leave many of our residents out of pocket when they come to sell their house. It is important that we leave the Government in no doubt that we are not satisfied with what is on the table and that a big improvement is required. We want as many people as possible to respond to the consultation, so that the Government will not be able to ignore us this time. Full responses on the official response form, or by e-mail, or by letter, or on-line using the dedicated website are ideal, but the pre-printed postcards that we have produced offer a simple alternative for those who do not want to make a full response.”
Notes to editors:
- The information in the leaflet that the two groups are distributing may also be found on the Offchurch village website.
- The document that sets out the proposals for consultation High Speed Two: Property and Compensation for London–West Midlands: Consultation may be downloaded from here.
- The Property and Compensation Consultation Response Form is no longer available for download.
- Postal responses to the consultation should be addressed to FREEPOST HS2 PROPERTY AND COMPENSATION CONSULTATION
- The e-mail address for consultation responses is firstname.lastname@example.org
- The on-line response facility (now closed) is at https://hs2propertyconsultation.dialoguebydesign.net