We need people to:
- Assist with fundraising, by sharing ideas and offering practical help at events.
- Host an event eg coffee morning at home, inviting friends and neighbours.
- Donate a raffle or tombola prize for an event.
- Support our fundraising events.
- Sign the new on-line petition athttp://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/353 and ask others to do the same.
- Publicise our fight by buying and displaying one of our STOP HS2 stickers.
- Spread the word as widely possible, especially outside our area.
- Buy and send our notelets, which bear text explaining the effects of HS2 on our area.
To offer your help, please contact us.
You can now help Cubbington Action Group Against HS2 to raise money for our campaign at no cost to yourself.
By doing your Internet shopping via the easyfundraising.org website. Over 2000 brand name retailers will pay a rebate to your chosen registered group when you shop in this way. Rebates vary according to the retailer. You nominate CAG as the beneficiary of your rebate. See How do I start?
Why do retailers give a rebate? What’s in it for them?
They benefit from a reduction in their costs, as on-line shopping costs them less, and an introduction to on-line shoppers.
How do I start?
First you need to register as a shopper.
Click on http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk
Find the ‘Support your cause’ section and type in ‘Cubbington Action Group Against HS2’. This may appear in a box below as soon as you type ‘Cubbington’. Click on the name if it comes up, or else on the magnifying glass symbol.
This takes you to a new page where you register as a supporter. Fill in the on-line form. You will need a password. Choose your options in the boxes below, read the Terms and click to register.
You will then be taken to a Welcome page. One of the sections is ‘Tell a Friend’ – please do! You can start shopping at once. Logout is on the ‘Account’ menu (top right of the screen).
You will also receive a Welcome email, confirming your details (but not your password) and offering hints on how to use the site. This may well end up in your junk mail box, so don’t forget to check.
Thank you for supporting Cubbington Action Group Against HS2
Why does CAG need your donations?
On a local level
- To help inform everyone of what HS2 would mean for our area.
- To help inform the community of the latest developments regarding HS2.
- To enable us to hold fundraising events.
Costs include stationery, copying, printing, website, publicity materials, hire of stalls, insurance, hire of halls and upfront payments.
On the national level
- To support the activities of the HS2 Action Alliance and Stop HS2, to which all local groups are linked, eg engagement of professional services to fight the HS2 proposals as effectively as possible and national campaign.
How can I donate?
- By single donations: CAG is most grateful for any sum, large or small, that you can give. Please make cheques payable to Cubbington Action Group Against HS2.
- By making a regular monthly payment, thus helping CAG to contribute to the national action and campaign groups. Read our Chairman’s appeal here.
For both forms of donation please contact
29 Leighton Close,